Click on the image for navigating to home page
DEVA PRASNAM DATED 18.03.07
By “Jyothisha Booshanam” Paattaakurichi S. Sankaranarayanan
(Contact No. 9443552828)
Held at the temple site at Appan Koil Village
With the objective of clearing the doubts regarding the “Vazhipaadu Murai” at the Ayyappa Temple that existed at Appan Koil Village, Trunelveli, a Deva Prasnam was arranged at the site where the Temple said to have existed.
The Prasnam commenced by exactly 4.29 PM on 18.03.07, with a small Ganapathy Pooja at the Temple Site by Shri Moorthy Bhattar, the Chief Priest of Arulmigu Nellaiappar Temple, Tirunelveli (Contact No 9442930204).
The interested families were represented by, Shri Sesha Krishnan, Labour officer, Govt. of Tamilnadu, Shri Kalyanasundaram, Madurai & Mrs Kalyanasundaram, Mrs. Lalitha Ramachandran, W/o Shri Ramachandran, Dinamalar, Madurai, Shri Lakshminarasimhan, Quality Control Engineer, Pricol, Coimbatore and Shri K Balasundaram, Chief Manager, SBI, Local Head Officer, Thiruvananthapuram.
The points, that emerged as answers to our pointed queries have been listed in the following pages:
1. The “Udhayam” of the Deva Prasnam occurred in “Thula Lagnam” – consecutively for 3 times signifying that the time is ripe to commence any good activity concerning the temple improvement and things will be made to happen by HIS grace.
2. Any effort, if taken, after the coming Panguni Uthiram (01.04.07) will prove to be success.
3. The Present “Mile-Stone-Like” structure is the Swamy. Though it had been changed more than twice in the past, the Swamy is residing in the stone now. – Hence this has to be worshipped as the Vigraha.
4. The effort for “Punar Nirman” will take off well if done through formation of Trust / Common & collective effort instead of through Individual efforts. (At this moment Shri Balasundaram, K, gave the plain draft of the Public Trust to be created for this purpose – which was kept on the Lotus feet of the Vigraha for blessing)
5. Swamy has existed all along with the “Pancha Bootham” as his aagaaram. Hence, HE wishes to be left as such. Therefore, No Vimana or Gopura or any form of coverage should be done for the Vigraham.
6. Compound wall can be built, flooring can be laid and a gate can also be fixed.
7. The Swamy had existed in only a “Vembu (Neem) Tree” and hence Neem tree is the Sthala Vriksham. A new Neem sapling can be planted and grown at the site.
8. The Swamy is ready for any renovation – With a Pedestal of 2 ½ ft. high. The Swamy should be moved 2 feet to the front from the present position. The neem tree should be behind the Pedestal.
9. Nithya Poojas / planned festivities never existed. The propitiating of the deity had been only on occasions when his benign blessings were needed.
10. Only old Sumangali had started the Poojas – in the courtyard of her house. But the power is so much now, that the vibration can be felt in the vicinity of the Vigraha.
11. No Pooja Items are lying buried underneath or around the place of Vigraha.
12. No formal name for the Lord. Any name, by which HE is referred to by now, can be continued. (Kulathupuzhai Ayyappan is believed to be the name presently for the Lord).
13. This had been the family deity for only 2 families earlier. Later it had become the “Ishta Deivam” for around 50 to 60 families.
14. The Swamy is so kind and benevolent and will be just satisfied by some one lighting a lamp daily at the site. Swamy will take care of the entire family of the person who does so.
15. The developments that are to come will automatically lead itself to “Nithya Pooja Kramam” in due course of time.
16. As of now one old lady (not a Brahmin) is coming daily to the site in different guise, but with the focus of offering prayers at the site.
17. No other Swamy exists around the temple site.
18. There is no “Kaaval Deivam” for this Lord. He has got extra ordinary powers, that if just one prays from his house itself, HE will make that day a good one for the person who offers the prayers.
19. Swamy is fond of “Annadhaanam” and hence it can be arranged at any convenient place or at the temple site itself.
20. No Need to change the “Paal Payasam” Neivedhyam. In due course, Lord himself will make improvements. But only thing required is the Devotion behind the offering of Neivedyam.
21. By around next Uthiram, the growth will be such that at least Monthly Poojas will become the order of the day. (it is suggested that each family can offer abishegam by taking monthly turns). In that case, the Prayers may be kept on “Saturdays” as Saturdays are also important for Ayyappan.
22. On the coming Panguni Uthiram day (i.e. on 01.04.07) a “Santhana Kaappu” should be offered to Lord. The Prasada Santhanam shall be taken to each home (as the deity) and worshipped as such. This itself will shower blessings as the insignia of Swamy.
23. Taking “Pidi Munn” (Handful of Sand from the Temple Site) should not be resorted to.
24. The Swamy can be kept in the pedestal ONLY in the Eesaanya Posture” and can be done following a simple Ganapathy Homam on the day of renovation.
As the group felt that they have elicited all relevant information needed, the Deva Prasnam was concluded by 6.10 PM.